When I turn on my computer, I get a blue screen with Bad System Config Info error and it keeps restarting and going to that same screen.

Anonymous
2025-04-26T22:10:39+00:00

I've tried turning it off and on repeatedly to get to the system repair screen but that doesn't work, so I'm stuck in it just keep restarting and going back to this blue screen. The screen says: "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." Stop code is BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO The error comes up as Windows is loading after the Dell logo appears. This error came up after the computer used to load the Dell logo and then go to a blank screen. I tried resetting the Bios and putting it back to a previous state and neither worked. I also tried manually resetting the clock. I did a hardware diagnosis and that all came back clear. I called Dell and they said I needed to wipe my computer to it's original state because it's a Windows issue. I unplugged the computer for a bit and then when I turned it back on, I now get this blue screen showing up, restarting and showing up repeatedly. I tried hitting F12 to get it to the screen where I can do diagnosis tests, but that doesn't work either.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Manoel Barros 22,030 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-04-28T01:59:53+00:00

Thanks for your feedback!

To make things faster, you can format your disk. Since you have your important data saved in the cloud, you can follow the steps below:

  1. On the "Select location to install Windows 11" screen, open the terminal again by pressing SHIFT + F10 and type the commands below (in sequence):

diskpart

list disk

sel disk 0

clean

convert gpt

exit

exit

  1. Click Refresh > Select the formatted and cleaned Disk 0 > Click Next > Install Windows 11.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Manoel Barros 22,030 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-26T22:44:05+00:00

    Hello!

    Your Windows must be corrupted. Try restoring it through the Recovery Environment via Installation Media.

    Create Installation Media

    1. To create an Installation Media, you will need the following items:
    • A Flash Drive of 8GB or more.
    • Another computer with internet access.

    ATTENTION: Back up the files on your Flash Drive to a safe location, as the Flash Drive will be formatted.

    1. Download the Media Creation Tools from the link below.

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

    1. Open Media Creation Tools > In the Permission Window, select "Yes".
    2. Accept the Terms > In the next window, check the option "Create installation media (USB Flash Drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC" > Continue.

    OPTIONAL: Uncheck the option "Use recommended options for this PC" > Select your language, desired Windows Edition and Architecture > Continue.

    1. In "Choose how the media will be used", select the option "USB Flash Drive" > Select the Flash Drive > Continue.
    2. Wait for the Installation Media to be created.

    Entering Recovery Mode (WinRE)

    1. Connect the Installation Media (Flash Drive) to the PC that is not working.
    2. Go to your PC’s BIOS > Check if the boot order is correct.
    • When connecting the PC, press the F2 keys continuously until you reach the BIOS. Also try the DELETE/DEL, F10, F8, ESC or F4 keys.
    • Enter the advanced mode (F7 key) > Go to Boot option > Boot Order > Select "UEFI: " option first.
    • If you have questions about which device you should select in First Place (#1), take pictures from the Boot tab and attach it to this topic.
    1. Save and Quit (Press F10 Key) > When you reach the Language Selection Screen and Keyboard Layout, click Next > On the Installation Screen, click "Repair Computer"
    2. In Recovery Mode, select Troubleshooting > Restore the PC.
    3. Under 'Troubleshooting', select the option "Restore PC" > "Keep my files" to completely restore your computer and keep your files.
    4. Choose the reinstallation method "Download from Cloud". If error occurs, choose "Local Reinstallation"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-26T23:37:51+00:00

    I did Step 1. None of the F keys, delete or Esc button do anything. It's like it's just stuck in that cycle -- restarts, blue screen comes up and restarts again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Manoel Barros 22,030 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-26T23:42:45+00:00

    You can try this:

    1. During the Blue Screens, do a forced shutdown by holding the Power Button of the laptop. Do this until you can access the Recovery Environment (a blue screen with the options "Advanced Options"/"Troubleshooting" and "Shutdown/Restart".
    2. Select "Advanced Options"/"Troubleshooting" > "Use a Device" > "Select Installation Media" (Usually starts with UEFI and the name of the manufacturer of the USB Flash Drive).
    • Alternatively, choose the option Firmware Settings

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-26T23:53:53+00:00

    I got into the Boot Sequence. Here's a screen shot of the options. There are 3 UEFI options. This is the Bios Setup screen (this is where it took me when I kept doing a forced shutdown on the blue screen). The Kingston is the USB drive.Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments