Windows Repair error: 0x8007000D - 0x20006. Cant update either.

Anonymous
2025-04-26T18:35:59+00:00

My Windows 11 seems to be corrupted so I tried to do a repair with the Windows 11 ISO but I got the error in my title. My start button no longer works either,

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong/how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-04-28T19:06:03+00:00

No the metered option is off.

I ran the steps in CMD first and now the Defender update is gone. The others are still there.

I then did the powershell step: https://gofile.io/d/RvDj3E I ran it at like 20:40 my local time.

Here is the scan files: https://gofile.io/d/D3ynQB 

There are connectivity issues. Delivery Optimization is not working.

Let's force it to use BITS mode. Please download dosvc-mode.zip. Unzip and run the dosvc-99 REG file.

Restart Windows by running:

  • shutdown /r /t 0

After the reboot, run:

  • usoclient StartInteractiveScan

If the system still doesn't connect to WU, run dosvc-100 REG file. Reboot and run the above command again.

Meanwhile, you can also try installing CloudFlare WARP (a VPN-like program) free and see if WU works fine.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-28T09:24:10+00:00

    Looks like it's not enabled.

    If a clean boot has been performed and the migration folder is restored, please rerun the 24H2 setup.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T10:42:31+00:00

    It installed!! Finally seemed to work!

    I cant seem to update though 20250428_103922908_iOS.heic

    and the windows key on my keyboard still doesn't work but apart from that its seemed to resolve all the other issues!

    Thanks so much for your help with this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-28T10:51:42+00:00

    Hi Craig,

    Glad to hear that.

    Please run:

    dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

    Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-updating-windows-188c2b0f-10a7-d72f-65b8-32d177eb136c#id0ebf=windows_11

    Optionally, run the Memory integrity system readiness scan tool:

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=105437

    Copy it to the c:\ drive.

    From admin Command Prompt, run:

    c:\hvciscan_amd64.exe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T16:54:17+00:00

    Hi Ramesh,

    I ran all three steps. The first one seemed to work but the other two didn't.

    The Windows Update Troubleshooter wouldn't work and said to contact support,

    and the hvciscan failed, I think. Gave me this message 20250428_165038287_iOS.heic (This was the second time I ran the application)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments