Windows Repair error: 0x8007000D - 0x20006. Cant update either.

Anonymous
2025-04-26T18:35:59+00:00

My Windows 11 seems to be corrupted so I tried to do a repair with the Windows 11 ISO but I got the error in my title. My start button no longer works either,

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong/how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-04-28T19:06:03+00:00

No the metered option is off.

I ran the steps in CMD first and now the Defender update is gone. The others are still there.

I then did the powershell step: https://gofile.io/d/RvDj3E I ran it at like 20:40 my local time.

Here is the scan files: https://gofile.io/d/D3ynQB 

There are connectivity issues. Delivery Optimization is not working.

Let's force it to use BITS mode. Please download dosvc-mode.zip. Unzip and run the dosvc-99 REG file.

Restart Windows by running:

  • shutdown /r /t 0

After the reboot, run:

  • usoclient StartInteractiveScan

If the system still doesn't connect to WU, run dosvc-100 REG file. Reboot and run the above command again.

Meanwhile, you can also try installing CloudFlare WARP (a VPN-like program) free and see if WU works fine.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-26T19:37:42+00:00

    I understand! Thanks for taking the time to help me with my issue then!

    Here is the link: CBSDiag.zip

    Thanks, Craig. There is severe CBS corruption. Press Win + R, type "OptionalFeatures.exe" and press Enter. The dialog is blank, right?

    It's 1 AM here. Going offline now. When I'm back, I will work on this and post an update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-26T19:41:13+00:00

    Correct, Its blank when I run OptionalFeatures.exe.

    No worries, understandable!

    Thanks again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-27T03:14:03+00:00

    Hi Craig,

    Please run "rstrui.exe".

    Click "Choose a different restore point."

    Enable "Show more restore points".

    Post a screenshot.

    Open admin Command Prompt and run:

    vssadmin list shadows /for=c:

    Post the output.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T17:00:06+00:00

    Hi Ramesh,

    Here are the two files. My screenshot application doesn't work so I took a photo with my phone. Hope that's alright!

    20250427_165524980_iOS.heic

    20250427_165623976_iOS.heic

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments