Windows Repair error: 0x8007000D - 0x20006. Cant update either.

Anonymous
2025-04-26T18:35:59+00:00

My Windows 11 seems to be corrupted so I tried to do a repair with the Windows 11 ISO but I got the error in my title. My start button no longer works either,

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong/how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-04-28T19:06:03+00:00

No the metered option is off.

I ran the steps in CMD first and now the Defender update is gone. The others are still there.

I then did the powershell step: https://gofile.io/d/RvDj3E I ran it at like 20:40 my local time.

Here is the scan files: https://gofile.io/d/D3ynQB 

There are connectivity issues. Delivery Optimization is not working.

Let's force it to use BITS mode. Please download dosvc-mode.zip. Unzip and run the dosvc-99 REG file.

Restart Windows by running:

  • shutdown /r /t 0

After the reboot, run:

  • usoclient StartInteractiveScan

If the system still doesn't connect to WU, run dosvc-100 REG file. Reboot and run the above command again.

Meanwhile, you can also try installing CloudFlare WARP (a VPN-like program) free and see if WU works fine.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-28T19:41:13+00:00

    This seemed to work! It allowed me to update and now its saying I'm up to date!

    I'm going to run the HVCI scan now

    Ok, great. Which one worked, 99 or 100, or Cloudflare?

    After running the fixlist, share fixlog.txt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T19:50:42+00:00

    The 99 one seemed to work. I didn't end up trying the other two.

    Fixlog.txt

    It seems like its working correctly now and Windows is updated :D

    I get a popup about ene.sys driver when I Reboot and the windows key on the keyboard still doesn't work but that's fine.

    Thanks so much for all the help and taking the time to walk me though it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T20:01:42+00:00

    Are there any settings I need to change back or edit? I've noticed its saying im not connected to the internet ( 20250428_195514818_iOS.heic ) , even though I am and are able to use my browser. Also some apps have connectivity issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-28T20:02:24+00:00

    You can try running undo.reg and rebooting to see if that resolves the connectivity issue. The Fixlist didn't remove any network drivers.

    Acronis has to be updated. Its drivers are incompatible with Memory Integrity. If not, you may uninstall it. There is also a leftover FNet HybriDisk driver. ene.sys has been removed already. HVCIScan still complains about the driver packages we removed. This might need digging into the registry. But for now, you may ignore it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments