Windows Repair error: 0x8007000D - 0x20006. Cant update either.

Anonymous
2025-04-26T18:35:59+00:00

My Windows 11 seems to be corrupted so I tried to do a repair with the Windows 11 ISO but I got the error in my title. My start button no longer works either,

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong/how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-04-28T19:06:03+00:00

No the metered option is off.

I ran the steps in CMD first and now the Defender update is gone. The others are still there.

I then did the powershell step: https://gofile.io/d/RvDj3E I ran it at like 20:40 my local time.

Here is the scan files: https://gofile.io/d/D3ynQB 

There are connectivity issues. Delivery Optimization is not working.

Let's force it to use BITS mode. Please download dosvc-mode.zip. Unzip and run the dosvc-99 REG file.

Restart Windows by running:

  • shutdown /r /t 0

After the reboot, run:

  • usoclient StartInteractiveScan

If the system still doesn't connect to WU, run dosvc-100 REG file. Reboot and run the above command again.

Meanwhile, you can also try installing CloudFlare WARP (a VPN-like program) free and see if WU works fine.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-26T18:38:53+00:00

    Hi Craig,

    Please share the following log file on OneDrive or GoFile.io and post the link here.

    C:$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setupact.log

    Note: "C:$WINDOWS.~BT" is a hidden folder. To access it, press Win + R, type "C:$WINDOWS.~BT" and click OK.


    (How-To: Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support)

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-onedrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

    OneDrive sharing options - screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/vZyxpY9

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-26T18:51:06+00:00

    Hi Ramesh!

    I was hoping you would reply! I saw you helped someone else with a similar issue. I was going through the steps you did with him but wasn't able to access the SFCFix.zip you posted.

    But, here is the link you requested: setupact.log

    Thanks for replying!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-26T18:57:23+00:00

    Hi Craig,

    It appears that a custom SFCFix.zip will need to be prepared. SFCFix.zip fixes are tailored for a particular system based on the CBS logs provided. Running them on a different system won't help.

    1) Please download CBSDiag.bat from the GitHub page below:

    1. Right-click cbsdiag.bat, click Properties, select Unblock, and click OK.
    2. Right-click cbsdiag.bat, and choose "Run as administrator".

    (The batch file contains plain text code. You can read its contents using Notepad before running it. It collects the CBS registry key and servicing-related information to fix the corruption.)

    The batch file creates a file named CBSDiag.zip on your desktop. Share the file on OneDrive or GoFile.io.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-26T19:06:11+00:00

    I understand! Thanks for taking the time to help me with my issue then!

    Here is the link: CBSDiag.zip

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments