Windows Repair error: 0x8007000D - 0x20006. Cant update either.

Anonymous
2025-04-26T18:35:59+00:00

My Windows 11 seems to be corrupted so I tried to do a repair with the Windows 11 ISO but I got the error in my title. My start button no longer works either,

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong/how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-04-28T19:06:03+00:00

No the metered option is off.

I ran the steps in CMD first and now the Defender update is gone. The others are still there.

I then did the powershell step: https://gofile.io/d/RvDj3E I ran it at like 20:40 my local time.

Here is the scan files: https://gofile.io/d/D3ynQB 

There are connectivity issues. Delivery Optimization is not working.

Let's force it to use BITS mode. Please download dosvc-mode.zip. Unzip and run the dosvc-99 REG file.

Restart Windows by running:

  • shutdown /r /t 0

After the reboot, run:

  • usoclient StartInteractiveScan

If the system still doesn't connect to WU, run dosvc-100 REG file. Reboot and run the above command again.

Meanwhile, you can also try installing CloudFlare WARP (a VPN-like program) free and see if WU works fine.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T19:08:21+00:00

    OptionalFeatures.exe now displays correctly!

    I'm just about to run the setup/repair but i just wanted to check, do i let it Download updates, drivers and optional features or should I select Not right now?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-27T18:39:51+00:00

    Here's the final one.

    • Download "AdvancedRun" from Nirsoft.net.
    • Download cbs_fix_complete.zip and save it to the desktop.
    • Unzip the archive and extract the REG file to the desktop.
    • Move the file to C:\ drive's root.
    • Start "AdvancedRun" and launch C:\Windows\Regedit.exe as "TrustedInstaller". [See this screenshot.]
    • Close AdvancedRun.
    • From the File menu in the Registry Editor, click Import...
    • Dismiss the "Location is not available" error message dialog by clicking OK.
    • Type c:\cbs_fix_complete.reg in the "file name" text box and click OK to import the file.
    • Click Yes to confirm.
    • Exit the Registry Editor.
    • Restart Windows.
    • Launch "OptionalFeatures.exe". If it loads correctly, please mount the 24H2 ISO and run setup.exe to do a repair installation..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T18:32:24+00:00

    Ok great, yeah I think I ran that tool before!

    Here are the files:

    Fixlog.txt

    27.04.2025_20.26.53.zip

    Thanks again for taking the time to help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-27T18:08:14+00:00

    I completed the steps and ran the application. I was never prompted, "Will you allow SFCFix to communicate with Sysnative servers?".

    Should it still be ok?

    SFCFix.txt

    It's fine. I think the option appears during the first run. It's possible that the tool was run on your system before.

    Please try the 2nd part of the fix below.

    • Backup the registry using Acelogix Regbak.
    • Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64-bit (FRST64.exe)
    • Download fixlist.txt
    • Save Fixlist.txt to the same folder as FRST64.exe.
    • Close all programs.
    • Launch the Farbar Scanner tool and click "Fix".
    • Restart Windows when prompted.
    • Upload the output log file (FixLog.txt).
    • Upload the [date-time].zip file located on your desktop.

    Note:

    If Microsoft Edge or Chrome mislabels the Farbar Scanner executable as PUA/malware, choose to keep it by tapping … in the bottom bar, choosing Keep, and then choosing Keep anyway in the dialog that appears. See this screenshot: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/media/microsoft-edge-security-download-interruptions/dowload-was-blocked.png. It's a safe tool used in most antimalware forums.

    Don't run the same fixlist.txt more than once. Also, the fixlist.txt script was written specifically for this user and for use on that particular machine. It is not recommended to run it on another machine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments