Windows Repair error: 0x8007000D - 0x20006. Cant update either.

Anonymous
2025-04-26T18:35:59+00:00

My Windows 11 seems to be corrupted so I tried to do a repair with the Windows 11 ISO but I got the error in my title. My start button no longer works either,

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong/how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-04-28T19:06:03+00:00

No the metered option is off.

I ran the steps in CMD first and now the Defender update is gone. The others are still there.

I then did the powershell step: https://gofile.io/d/RvDj3E I ran it at like 20:40 my local time.

Here is the scan files: https://gofile.io/d/D3ynQB 

There are connectivity issues. Delivery Optimization is not working.

Let's force it to use BITS mode. Please download dosvc-mode.zip. Unzip and run the dosvc-99 REG file.

Restart Windows by running:

  • shutdown /r /t 0

After the reboot, run:

  • usoclient StartInteractiveScan

If the system still doesn't connect to WU, run dosvc-100 REG file. Reboot and run the above command again.

Meanwhile, you can also try installing CloudFlare WARP (a VPN-like program) free and see if WU works fine.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-28T02:14:05+00:00

    Hi Craig,

    The previous errors should have been fixed.

    Download setuplogscollect.bat and save it to the desktop.

    https://gist.github.com/winhelponline/26b28c4b695d183a842fbd1d5182959e

    Right-click on the downloaded file and click Properties. Click "Unblock" and click OK.

    Extract the batch file to the desktop.

    Right-click on the file and choose "Run as administrator"

    It outputs a SetupLogs.zip file on your desktop.

    Share the file on OneDrive or GoFile.io and post the download link here.

    (The batch file contains plain text code. You can read its contents using Notepad before running it. It collects the setup logs, msinfo32.exe log, drivers list, boot configuration info, and the compatibility appraiser results from your system.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T19:36:39+00:00

    I've also tried to Repair it a few times over this last week so now when I boot up there are 3 different Windows 11 options to choose from. Not sure if this is causing the issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T19:34:31+00:00

    Sadly a message popped up saying Installation Failed. Should I try repair from USB instead?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-04-27T19:14:20+00:00

    OptionalFeatures.exe now displays correctly!

    I'm just about to run the setup/repair but i just wanted to check, do i let it Download updates, drivers and optional features or should I select Not right now?

    You may choose "Not right now" and install updates later. But any option will do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments