Why does my PC keep booting into the bluescreen and not let me leave

Anonymous
2025-06-26T22:08:47+00:00

So I turned my PC on in the morning after putting it into sleep mode, I then proceeded to restart it because it wasn't opening my programs. After it restarted it sent me to the recovery page and it doesn't let me get out of it. I tried using my spare Windows 10 backup and that doesn't work either. Please help

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-07-01T04:01:24+00:00

You have been incredibly amazing to work with too. Glad that everything is working now. If all is resolved, feel free to mark the answer for this thread and feel free to choose a rating and have a great day Andrew!

All the best!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-30T03:59:44+00:00

    Yeah it does say all 3 off the drives are MBRs, If I plug in a Thumb Drive would I be able to use that

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-30T04:05:12+00:00

    Thanks, Andrew. Since all three of your partitions are MBR, and your system is likely booting in UEFI mode, that's exactly why Windows won’t install on any of them.

    Yes, using a USB thumb drive is a great idea if you want to back up your files before wiping the drive. Here's what I suggest

    Option 1: Back Up Files to USB Before Cleaning (You must have a different USB drive to back up your data. So there will be two USB drives connected to your PC: one with a bootable drive and another USB where you can transfer all data.)

    Boot from your Windows installer USB.

    Choose Repair your computer > Troubleshoot > Command Prompt.

    Plug in your USB thumb drive (it must be big enough to hold the files you want to save).

    In the Command Prompt:

    notepad

    In Notepad, go to File > Open.

    Browse to E:\Users\YourName or wherever your files are stored.

    Right-click and Copy important folders like Documents, Pictures, Desktop, etc.

    Paste them to your USB thumb drive (it should appear under “This PC” in that same file dialog).

    Once you’ve backed everything up, close Notepad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-30T04:06:48+00:00

    Once your files are backed up

    In the same command prompt, type

    diskpart

    list disk

    select disk 1

    clean

    convert gpt

    exit

    Close Command Prompt.

    Click Install Now, choose Custom: Install Windows only, select the unallocated space, and click Next.

    Then you should be good to go.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-30T04:24:02+00:00

    When I try to copy the files it pops up with thisImage

    And when I look at properties it says there's nothing in the folders Downloads, Pictures, etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments