May 13 -KB5058379 Windows 10 leads to corruption and endpoints asking for bitlocker key,.- Any known issues?

Anonymous
2025-05-14T10:04:48+00:00

Hi

The latest KB5058379 released May 13 quality update failed in Windows 10 devices. Some devices it caused triggering bitlocker key window after restart. Still Update seems failed. Some fall in loop of restarts. Is there any known issue ? This is mainly affected devices managed by Intune.

Lenovo Thinkpad. some cases Keyboard is getting disabled and user not able to pass the bitlocker key

Can someone shed some light here?

MG

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-19T18:09:39+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-19T21:32:48+00:00

    Does anyone know if MS will be fixing this error below as well caused by this bug ridden KB5058379 update?

    TPM-WMI event ID 1796

    The Secure Boot update failed to update a Secure Boot variable with error Unknown HResult

    Error code: 0x800700c1.

    This error shows up during a system startup or restart for myself and others. MS should just back this update out. Makes me wonder if Secure Boot is working even though it says enabled in my bios.

    So sick of MS screwing up our computers with these buggy updates. Get it together MS!!!!! Apple

    is looking mighty good right now before I go to Win11.


    Respectfully,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-19T21:40:27+00:00

    Check out my reply right above your comment

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-19T22:04:31+00:00

    Check out my reply right above your comment

    Thanks for the reply Baylin but I am not getting an Automatic Repair prompt for the BitLocker recovery key and I am running a 9th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz. I made an earlier post about the error here:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-1796-tpm-wmi-error-post-kb5058379-update/950e5f9f-982e-49d1-ad93-eceab497a841 .

    Do you have any info about if MS will address this or is it addressed in the KB5061768 update as I saw no mention about it. I spoke with Brink the Administrator over in Ten Forums here https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/219558-kb5058379-windows-10-cumulative-update-build-19045-5854-22h2-3.html and he said to check back.

    Respectfully,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-19T23:40:40+00:00

    Download one of the Updates from "Microsoft Update Catalog" it will fix the issue. I have manually downloaded the installed the updated worked fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments