May 13 -KB5058379 Windows 10 leads to corruption and endpoints asking for bitlocker key,.- Any known issues?

Anonymous
2025-05-14T10:04:48+00:00

Hi

The latest KB5058379 released May 13 quality update failed in Windows 10 devices. Some devices it caused triggering bitlocker key window after restart. Still Update seems failed. Some fall in loop of restarts. Is there any known issue ? This is mainly affected devices managed by Intune.

Lenovo Thinkpad. some cases Keyboard is getting disabled and user not able to pass the bitlocker key

Can someone shed some light here?

MG

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. JuliaMarvin 22,920 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-05-16T13:54:16+00:00

    @MersonZZ

    I'm a normal user too.
    Unfortunately I have not seen any official MS communication yet.........

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-16T16:56:34+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-16T18:23:23+00:00

    Neither have I. Instead, I have just had a very tense 3 hours waiting for my HP Pavilion with an i3-5157U to attempt to apply KB5058379, but after giving it long enough it has backed out the Update automatically, frustrating the user and myself by being incapable of any work, and failing to notify that it was busy chewing on it. The Windows Update screen is not very useful, and neither was the Task Manager, particularly, and it was only attempting to CTRL ALT DEL to select shutdown that it informed me that it was busy doing an update, and adding that I should not turn off the Computer. Having found this web-page in the mean time, I was distractedly wondering if the proper message should have said "Please wait until file corruption is complete."

    I have elected, at this point, to pause any further updates for 7 days, but I'm relieved that that I still have a working PC. I hope Microsoft will inform people more clearly about the difficulties that can be expected with this update, because I still don't have the update, but neither have I suffered anything worse. I don't want the PC to retry that umpteen times, repeatedly.

    Update: 21-5-2025: Having returned from a computer-free few day break, I'm now less sure of the status of that laptop. According to the System Log, installation was successful, for KB5058379, but it doesn't appear to be installed when I View update history, whereas another of my machines shows it under Quality Updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-16T20:31:03+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more