May 13 -KB5058379 Windows 10 leads to corruption and endpoints asking for bitlocker key,.- Any known issues?

Anonymous
2025-05-14T10:04:48+00:00

Hi

The latest KB5058379 released May 13 quality update failed in Windows 10 devices. Some devices it caused triggering bitlocker key window after restart. Still Update seems failed. Some fall in loop of restarts. Is there any known issue ? This is mainly affected devices managed by Intune.

Lenovo Thinkpad. some cases Keyboard is getting disabled and user not able to pass the bitlocker key

Can someone shed some light here?

MG

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-20T17:52:22+00:00

    Download one of the Updates from "Microsoft Update Catalog" it will fix the issue. I have manually downloaded the installed the updated worked fine.

    I have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz which is a 9th Gen and not a 10th Gen and I am having no problem having to enter the bitlocker key to get into windows on my HP Omen Desktop or my HP Envy laptop. So to be clear at what you said that if I download and install KB5061768 the Event 1796 TPM-WMI error that myself and other are seeing on start up and restart will go away? Correct?

    Respectfully,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-20T15:13:28+00:00

    [OS Security (Known Issue)] Fixed: A known issue on devices with Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) enabled on 10th generation or later Intel vPro processors. On these systems, installing the May 13, 2025, Windows security update (KB5058379) might cause the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) process to terminate unexpectedly, triggering an Automatic Repair prompting for the BitLocker recovery key to continue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-20T12:30:40+00:00

    KB5058379 is the buggy update from last week, you should be looking for the KB5061768

    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5061768

    I know KB5058379 is the buggy update from last week, I have had extensive problems with it!!

    Can you explain why should I update with KB5061768 with an up-to-date Windows 10 22h2 x64 OS?

    I didn't have a BitLocker problem...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-20T11:12:44+00:00

    KB5058379 is the buggy update from last week, you should be looking for the KB5061768

    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5061768

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments