May 13 -KB5058379 Windows 10 leads to corruption and endpoints asking for bitlocker key,.- Any known issues?

Anonymous
2025-05-14T10:04:48+00:00

Hi

The latest KB5058379 released May 13 quality update failed in Windows 10 devices. Some devices it caused triggering bitlocker key window after restart. Still Update seems failed. Some fall in loop of restarts. Is there any known issue ? This is mainly affected devices managed by Intune.

Lenovo Thinkpad. some cases Keyboard is getting disabled and user not able to pass the bitlocker key

Can someone shed some light here?

MG

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-21T15:47:14+00:00

    The manual update does fix the issue. I've installed it on 3 devices with good luck on all 3.

    Microsoft has a new OOB update in Intune 05/16/2025 - 2025.05 OOB SecurityUpdate for Windows 10 and later.

    I've deployed this, but it doesn't seem to update any of my test devices. I have an open ticket with Microsoft. Waiting on a response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-21T12:35:27+00:00

    (This is my problem - the update fails & a loop of restarts & the computer is unstable while it does this. There is a know issue with certain computers including Dell, which I have, with Intel processor which causes problems.)

    May 19, 2025—KB5061768 (OS Builds 19044.5856 and 19045.5856) This Out-of-band update is supposed to rectify BitLocker problems, but also the known issue on devices with Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) enabled on 10th generation or later Intel vPro processors. You can get it at the Microsoft Update Catalog & make sure you choose the update that is relevant to your OS system. Am going to try it today. I presume then you can update the problematic update KB5058379.

    ** I tried this update from the Microsoft Update Catalogue today & after a while it Initialised Installation, then was installing it, then said after a while this update KB5061768 was NOT installed...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-21T09:58:43+00:00

    Hi

    The latest KB5058379 released May 13 quality update failed in Windows 10 devices. Some devices it caused triggering bitlocker key window after restart. Still Update seems failed. Some fall in loop of restarts. Is there any known issue ? This is mainly affected devices managed by Intune.

    Lenovo Thinkpad. some cases Keyboard is getting disabled and user not able to pass the bitlocker key

    Can someone shed some light here?

    MG

    This is my problem - the update fails & a loop of restarts & the computer is unstable while it does this. There is a know issue with certain computers including Dell, which I have, with Intel processor which causes problems. The out-of-band update:

    May 19, 2025—KB5061768 (OS Builds 19044.5856 and 19045.5856) This Out-of-band update is supposed to rectify BitLocker problems, but also the known issue on devices with Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) enabled on 10th generation or later Intel vPro processors. You can get it at the Microsoft Update Catalog & make sure you choose the update that is relevant to your OS system. Am going to try it today. I presume then you can update the problematic update KB5058379.

    I tried this update from the Microsoft Update Catalogue & after a while it Initialised Installation, then was installing it, then said after a while this update KB5061768 was NOT installed...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-21T09:51:26+00:00

    I didn't get a BitLocker problem. MIne was a continual loop of restarting & making my computer unstable but eventually after pausing updates, my computer is fine. Just worried about installing an out-of-band update might cause problems too...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-21T01:51:27+00:00

    I responded earlier but figured it out. The update you mentioned, I put it in the Microsoft Catalogue Search Bar and used it to update my system. No issues whatsoever and it got rid of the problematic pending update.

    I have an HP Pavillon Windows 10 2H22 X64 bit processing, if this is of any help.

    I don't know if it will stop it if you already had the update installed but it's worth a try.

    When you go onto the Catalogue and see the possible downloads, don't press download. Press the name of the update for the right system you're using, then look at package details and it shows the replacement. Copy the KB number for the replacement and then paste it into the Catalogue search in the right hand corner of the page and look for the one that corresponds to your computer and download it. It should do a normal and (at least for mine it was quick) update and start up without it prompting to update to the bad update.

    (I realize you're in IT but I figured I would go into detail for other people.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments