May 13 -KB5058379 Windows 10 leads to corruption and endpoints asking for bitlocker key,.- Any known issues?

Anonymous
2025-05-14T10:04:48+00:00

Hi

The latest KB5058379 released May 13 quality update failed in Windows 10 devices. Some devices it caused triggering bitlocker key window after restart. Still Update seems failed. Some fall in loop of restarts. Is there any known issue ? This is mainly affected devices managed by Intune.

Lenovo Thinkpad. some cases Keyboard is getting disabled and user not able to pass the bitlocker key

Can someone shed some light here?

MG

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-22T19:38:02+00:00

    Nice. That's good stuff. When you mentioned it earlier, I talked with our other Intune admin and we have a plan to do that if MS doesn't fix this.

    My MS contact seems to be out today. I've emailed him twice and get an OOO. Maybe I'll get with him tomorrow.

    I've created an Expedited Policy and assigned it to their latest update. This doesn't seem to do a thing for my devices though. I've had to do this once before and it worked fine so this is confusing to me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-22T19:24:42+00:00

    I'd be really interested to hear about how the expedite policy is supposed to work. I've done some extra reading, and it sounds like KB5061768 isn't in that OOB update on Intune? If it is, I'd be really interested to hear the proper procedure to use the Expedite Policy to push that to devices as we had the same experience (nothing happening) when running it.

    If you're interested, I just posted what we did (creating a win32app to push the update) on Reddit. May have been a more elegant way of doing it but I was tired of waiting. Hoping MS doesn't strip this and can help someone out:

    Installing OOB update via Intune using win32 app : r/Intune

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-22T17:22:01+00:00

    I have a call scheduled with MS this afternoon to discuss this. I rolled the OOB update out on Tuesday to 13 devices and none have gotten it.

    Weird that they openly state on one page that the update will not be released as part of a Windows Update, but then have the option available in Intune.

    I do know the Expedite Policy doesn't seem to do a thing in my environment. I have 83 devices now with the bitlocker window popping up. I still have Windows 10 updates paused for most of our company. Windows 11 is working fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-22T17:00:33+00:00

    In our environment KB5061768 OOB update did resolve the problem on devices that were being hit by Bitlocker (plus one that went thought the BSOD loop). I was hearing they put the update in an OOB option through Intune as well, though when we tried to configure it to push out to devices, we never saw it go through. Ultimately, we just wrapped it as a win32app and pushed out our device model groups that were still operating on Windows 10 to get it deployed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-21T17:09:59+00:00

    I responded earlier but figured it out. The update you mentioned, I put it in the Microsoft Catalogue Search Bar and used it to update my system. No issues whatsoever and it got rid of the problematic pending update.

    I have an HP Pavillon Windows 10 2H22 X64 bit processing, if this is of any help.

    I don't know if it will stop it if you already had the update installed but it's worth a try.

    When you go onto the Catalogue and see the possible downloads, don't press download. Press the name of the update for the right system you're using, then look at package details and it shows the replacement. Copy the KB number for the replacement and then paste it into the Catalogue search in the right hand corner of the page and look for the one that corresponds to your computer and download it. It should do a normal and (at least for mine it was quick) update and start up without it prompting to update to the bad update.

    (I realize you're in IT but I figured I would go into detail for other people.)

    Thank you very much for you reply and helpful info.

    Respectfully,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments