May 13 -KB5058379 Windows 10 leads to corruption and endpoints asking for bitlocker key,.- Any known issues?

Anonymous
2025-05-14T10:04:48+00:00

Hi

The latest KB5058379 released May 13 quality update failed in Windows 10 devices. Some devices it caused triggering bitlocker key window after restart. Still Update seems failed. Some fall in loop of restarts. Is there any known issue ? This is mainly affected devices managed by Intune.

Lenovo Thinkpad. some cases Keyboard is getting disabled and user not able to pass the bitlocker key

Can someone shed some light here?

MG

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-21T01:51:27+00:00

    I responded earlier but figured it out. The update you mentioned, I put it in the Microsoft Catalogue Search Bar and used it to update my system. No issues whatsoever and it got rid of the problematic pending update.

    I have an HP Pavillon Windows 10 2H22 X64 bit processing, if this is of any help.

    I don't know if it will stop it if you already had the update installed but it's worth a try.

    When you go onto the Catalogue and see the possible downloads, don't press download. Press the name of the update for the right system you're using, then look at package details and it shows the replacement. Copy the KB number for the replacement and then paste it into the Catalogue search in the right hand corner of the page and look for the one that corresponds to your computer and download it. It should do a normal and (at least for mine it was quick) update and start up without it prompting to update to the bad update.

    (I realize you're in IT but I figured I would go into detail for other people.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-20T17:52:22+00:00

    Download one of the Updates from "Microsoft Update Catalog" it will fix the issue. I have manually downloaded the installed the updated worked fine.

    I have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz which is a 9th Gen and not a 10th Gen and I am having no problem having to enter the bitlocker key to get into windows on my HP Omen Desktop or my HP Envy laptop. So to be clear at what you said that if I download and install KB5061768 the Event 1796 TPM-WMI error that myself and other are seeing on start up and restart will go away? Correct?

    Respectfully,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-19T21:32:48+00:00

    Does anyone know if MS will be fixing this error below as well caused by this bug ridden KB5058379 update?

    TPM-WMI event ID 1796

    The Secure Boot update failed to update a Secure Boot variable with error Unknown HResult

    Error code: 0x800700c1.

    This error shows up during a system startup or restart for myself and others. MS should just back this update out. Makes me wonder if Secure Boot is working even though it says enabled in my bios.

    So sick of MS screwing up our computers with these buggy updates. Get it together MS!!!!! Apple

    is looking mighty good right now before I go to Win11.


    Respectfully,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. JuliaMarvin 22,920 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-05-16T13:54:16+00:00

    @MersonZZ

    I'm a normal user too.
    Unfortunately I have not seen any official MS communication yet.........

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-15T17:27:01+00:00

    We did this on a Dell Latitude 5440 after it hit a BSOD. It looks like the update did complete there before the restart after disabling Intel TXT. However, when we turned the Intel TXT back on and restarted, the same situation happened.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments