May 13 -KB5058379 Windows 10 leads to corruption and endpoints asking for bitlocker key,.- Any known issues?

Anonymous
2025-05-14T10:04:48+00:00

Hi

The latest KB5058379 released May 13 quality update failed in Windows 10 devices. Some devices it caused triggering bitlocker key window after restart. Still Update seems failed. Some fall in loop of restarts. Is there any known issue ? This is mainly affected devices managed by Intune.

Lenovo Thinkpad. some cases Keyboard is getting disabled and user not able to pass the bitlocker key

Can someone shed some light here?

MG

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-19T18:09:39+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-18T20:09:02+00:00

    FYI, I don’t get the BitLock Key screen/option on my personal Dell PC. I just get a restart/repair options blue screen. Tried the repair options, but failed. Tried restoring my pc to two different points prior to the update, but both failed (after 2 hours each).

    I hope you find a solution & a way I can get it on my pc soon!

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-18T04:13:00+00:00

    For the time being I'm just holding off on that update for as long as possible. This seems to be an issue with a lot of laptops of all kinds. No word from Microsoft other than what someone said in a previous reply that said to disable certain things or to keep the update paused. Unfortunately the update can only be paused for so long before it forces itself which is making me nervous. I don't know why Microsoft hasn't just removed the update for now until they can find a fix, which is something I really wish they would do. It feels like we're on our own right now. Honestly, with the way recent updates have been and what I've heard of other people's experiences even with windows 11...I don't have much trust in the updates anymore, I'm always worried it's going to mess up my laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-16T16:56:34+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-15T15:42:43+00:00

    If you go into the BIOS and disable Intel TXT (Trusted Execution Technology) and or virtualization, does the problem stop?

    This has been reported in a reddit thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments