WIndows 10 PC not updating

Anonymous
2025-04-28T18:49:51+00:00

This issue has been happening for months now. When I try to update my computer to the latest update, it goes up until 97% and says sorry we couldn't install this update or something like that. then it reverts these updates. i need help fixing this issue! thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-05-05T05:23:24+00:00

    Ok, Let me know how it goes. .

    This sounds like a different issue from what you mentioned in the original post (i.e, update rolling back at 97%).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-05-05T05:34:55+00:00

    Here's the offline installer for the latest quality update KB5055518 in case you need it. https://catalog.s.download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/secu/2025/04/windows10.0-kb5055518-x64_0504a2aa182fc23d9651dd6842b7e6388a0ee07b.msu

    If nothing helps, you may do a repair installation using MCT>

    1. Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) from this link:

    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=2265055

    1. Run MCT and accept the license agreement.
    2. Click "Upgrade this PC now". This starts the repair installation.

    Your apps, settings, and files will be kept by default during a repair install/in-place upgrade.

    See also:

    Reinstall Windows - Microsoft Support:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/reinstall-windows-d8369486-3e33-7d9c-dccc-859e2b022fc7

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-05T06:16:55+00:00

    Thanks I’ll try these steps soon. I’ll keep you updated

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-11T23:34:58+00:00

    Hi Ramesh,

    Update: turns out my ssd was dying or already dead so windows update was going really slow. I replaced the ssd and now updates are going smoothly and I’m up to date. Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-05-12T01:32:07+00:00

    Hi Ramesh,

    Update: turns out my ssd was dying or already dead so windows update was going really slow. I replaced the ssd and now updates are going smoothly and I’m up to date. Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it!

    @Tash007:

    Great, thanks for the update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments