Type EFI and press Enter. It's the volume label. You can also leave it blank, that's not an issue.
WIndows 10 PC not updating
This issue has been happening for months now. When I try to update my computer to the latest update, it goes up until 97% and says sorry we couldn't install this update or something like that. then it reverts these updates. i need help fixing this issue! thanks
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2025-05-04T17:03:06+00:00 It ran correctly. Please boot into Windows and install the updates available for your PC.
-
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2025-05-05T03:18:40+00:00 Hi Tash007,
Did that work? Let me know if you're able to install updates.
-
Anonymous
2025-05-05T04:59:30+00:00 Hi Ramesh,
Unfortunately I’m not sure because the update installation keeps freezing at 20%. This is for KB505518. I have been trying to download these updates all day today but for this one update it freezes at 20% installation. I waited patiently for over two hours and then I decided to restart the PC and try again. Then when restarting, it said getting windows ready don’t turn off your PC, and started installing the updates. So I waited and it was frozen at 35%. Then I went to the login screen. I thought the updates completed but from the screenshot below it hasn’t. I’m trying again, and the update installation still hangs at 20%:
My PC has also gotten very slow this week. It takes so long to log into the computer, sometimes taking more than 30 minutes. And it freezes constantly and applications take forever to open. I don’t know if this is causing the updates to take so long. Here are some pictures I took of the task manager:
I’d appreciate any help, thanks!