Note:
If you restarted the unit after posting those screenshots, do not run the last set of commands I posted because they won't work if the system has restarted. In that case, you need to start all over again.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
This issue has been happening for months now. When I try to update my computer to the latest update, it goes up until 97% and says sorry we couldn't install this update or something like that. then it reverts these updates. i need help fixing this issue! thanks
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Note:
If you restarted the unit after posting those screenshots, do not run the last set of commands I posted because they won't work if the system has restarted. In that case, you need to start all over again.
Yes. Press Y to continue. The EFI partition will be formatted.
Thanks for the reply. I’ll also mention that I didn’t boot from USB, and I was able to get to WinRE booting from my SSD now. I’m not very tech savvy, but would it still be okay to press Y to continue? As it mentions that Drive Y will be lost and I haven’t backed up anything
Thanks!
Thanks for the reply. I’ll also mention that I didn’t boot from USB, and I was able to get to WinRE booting from my SSD now. I’m not very tech savvy, but would it still be okay to press Y to continue? As it mentions that Drive Y will be lost and I haven’t backed up anything
Thanks!
Yes, go ahead and press Y. It's your 100 MB EFI partition, as shown in the list vol output. I assume you didn't make any partition or disk changes since you posted the last screenshot.
But I'd suggest dedicating some time to it and completing the steps at a stretch rather than doing it part by part.