WIndows 10 PC not updating
This issue has been happening for months now. When I try to update my computer to the latest update, it goes up until 97% and says sorry we couldn't install this update or something like that. then it reverts these updates. i need help fixing this issue! thanks
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-05-04T16:30:03+00:00 -
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2025-05-04T15:44:12+00:00 Hi,
Ok, let me know how it goes.
The last command ("bcdboot C:\Windows /s Y: /f UEFI") is most important because it rebuilds the boot files.
-
Anonymous
2025-05-04T15:18:27+00:00 Thanks for the clarifications. No I haven’t made any disk or partition changes after that screenshot but I did have to close the command prompt so I’ll have to restart the process again
Yes, I’ll do it all in one go now since I have the time to do so right now. Thanks