Computer BSOD - clock_watchdog_timeout error

Anonymous
2025-04-21T03:21:24+00:00

I have updated my cpu, gpu, ram, psu, and still have an unknown crash. I have amd ryzen 5700xt, rog strix x570 - e gaming wifi II, and msi 850w psu.

*******************************************************************************
*                                                                             *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
*                                                                             *
*******************************************************************************

Unknown bugcheck code (0)
Unknown bugcheck description
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000
Arg2: 0000000000000000
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_CODE:  0

BUGCHECK_P1: 0

BUGCHECK_P2: 0

BUGCHECK_P3: 0

BUGCHECK_P4: 0

PROCESS_NAME:  EngHost.exe

SYMBOL_NAME:  ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME:  Unknown_Image

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x0_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE!unknown_function

FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {c1cb3be3-2935-5af0-8ba5-f15df2c5aaf2}

Followup:     MachineOwner
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-23T05:26:13+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Jonathan Deives 81,795 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-23T13:21:31+00:00

    Sorry I was offline, the minidump file indicates that the cause is "AsIO3.sys", related to ASUS Software.

    If you have Asus Armoury Crate installed, uninstall it and see if the problem persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-23T22:13:40+00:00

    When loading in to windows it immediately crashes saying that driver name including AsIO2.sys. Should I delete it from the system32/driver list?

    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1es8jau43i27fosak0oi7/042325-28687-01.dmp?rlkey=ydqq9cv094tlbc8rgy74k55pp&st=umkps987&dl=0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Jonathan Deives 81,795 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-23T22:45:57+00:00

    It still shows the same cause, do you have any other ASUS Utility software?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-23T23:46:52+00:00

    I deleted all that I could see. It still says there is something open using that driver

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments