Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11

Anonymous
2022-03-22T11:56:12+00:00

Hello,

I am a blind user who frequently uses the Notepad application. On my Windows 11 laptop, I’m having difficulty to read the content and Braille. I can hear it with my screen reader, but I can’t read it properly. So, when I want to write code properly, I use my Windows 10 PC. Is there a way to have the old version of Notepad? If not, is there any alternative?

Regards,

Olivier

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
_AW_ 69,496 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-10-14T13:11:34+00:00

This is tested and working, no uninstallation necessary.

Open Settings > Apps

In the center pane select Advanced app settings > App execution aliases

Toggle off Notepad

Then go to the old Notepad at C:\Windows\Notepad.exe and right click > Pin to the taskbar/Pin to start/Send to Desktop

Launch the old Notepad from the shortcut you just created

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-10-14T13:07:32+00:00

not working for me and I find no other wait to have the old windows 10 notepad.

Not sure what you tried. But check out this article.

How to Restore Old Classic Notepad in Windows 11

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/restore-old-classic-notepad-windows/

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-28T22:07:51+00:00

    I've tried this (classic-notepad.bat), but a new window just blinks and closes, and notepad doesn't open in the end; what should be the reason for that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-28T14:59:55+00:00

    legend

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. _AW_ 69,496 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-02-08T23:11:26+00:00

    Who can help me? I am a user of music program Finale 2014 to digitize sheet music so that choristers can practice using Finale Finale 2012 NotePad. After creating an account and installing Finale NotePad went well. Everything seemed to be the same so far, but it turns out that after retrieving a piece of music, playback does not start and there is no sound reproduction. The only thing I find is that in the Midi bar the Midi Thru is not checked. Who recognizes this PPE and has any advice? Henk van Kesteren

    Ask at https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics#finale

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments