PDF Indexing is working on Windows 11 (even with the standard PDF indexer), however, you can only search for file contents via File Explorer and not via Search / Taskbar Search.
Windows 11 Windows Search not searching or Indexing PDFs
Brand new Dell XPS laptop with Windows 11. It will not search text within PDF files. From looking on the internet seems like there are lots of problems Windows Search in Windows 11 which did not exist in Windows 10. Including not searching/indexing contents of PDF files, which is critical for me.
Has ANYONE been able to search within PDF files on Windows 11?
Please don't suggest re-indexing, have done 6 or 7 times. And, yes indexing settings are set to index contents of PDF files.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-06-02T22:34:57+00:00 I am able to search PDF files just fine now.
-
Anonymous
2022-06-30T21:51:11+00:00 I'm having the same problem and have been running Windows 11 for a couple of months. It was only after some recent windows update that search broke and can no longer search word or pdf file content.
-
Anonymous
2022-07-19T17:42:25+00:00 I am on Windows 11 version 21H2 (Build 22000.795) and it looks like I *AM* now able to search for specific content *WITHIN* a PDF file!
-
Anonymous
2022-07-19T17:59:39+00:00 Thanks, My PC upgraded to 21H2 (Build 22000.795), and now I'm able to search content again! Regards ... Javier