Windows 11 Windows Search not searching or Indexing PDFs

Anonymous
2022-03-08T18:08:05+00:00

Brand new Dell XPS laptop with Windows 11. It will not search text within PDF files. From looking on the internet seems like there are lots of problems Windows Search in Windows 11 which did not exist in Windows 10. Including not searching/indexing contents of PDF files, which is critical for me.

Has ANYONE been able to search within PDF files on Windows 11?

Please don't suggest re-indexing, have done 6 or 7 times. And, yes indexing settings are set to index contents of PDF files.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-12-29T09:22:06+00:00

PDF Indexing is working on Windows 11 (even with the standard PDF indexer), however, you can only search for file contents via File Explorer and not via Search / Taskbar Search.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-03-24T10:06:26+00:00

    Windows 11 Insider Preview 22581.1 solved this issue already. I tested after upgraded today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2022-03-19T16:44:10+00:00

    I did not have adobe on my computer when I first noticed this issue (which was shortly after I got a brand new XPS 13 laptop. I did have Nitropro, an adobe alternative. I do not think that that is the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more