Mbr to gpt convert failed

Anonymous
2022-03-25T12:12:38+00:00

Hello I just upgrade my PC from p8z77vlx to ProArt z690 creator and I do convert mbr to gpt for my existing Windows 10 21h2 so I can use uefi bios, the problem is the conversion failed and I can't boot to Windows.

Anything I can do to be able to boot and repair the gpt partition ?

Or I need to reinstall Windows ?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-30T07:46:39+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89

    Boot Option 1 on the Boot tab is set to boot form your internal hard drive (Windows Boot Manager) can you set that to the USB?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-30T07:58:45+00:00

    Yes, already but still get that error

    That's why I switch back to Windows one which broken one in hardisk 1.

    I don't know what missing in my USB that prevent me from booting it in uefi mode

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-30T08:06:37+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89

    Is that USB newly created with the media creation tool, or an old USB that you are using?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-03-30T08:17:28+00:00

    I bought it and have use it to repair windows that can't boot after I failed convert mbr to gpt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-30T08:21:19+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89

    Th best option would be to create a new bootable USB, that USB you purchased may be for Legacy BIOS only, if you create a new USB, that will be UEFI compatible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments