Mbr to gpt convert failed

Anonymous
2022-03-25T12:12:38+00:00

Hello I just upgrade my PC from p8z77vlx to ProArt z690 creator and I do convert mbr to gpt for my existing Windows 10 21h2 so I can use uefi bios, the problem is the conversion failed and I can't boot to Windows.

Anything I can do to be able to boot and repair the gpt partition ?

Or I need to reinstall Windows ?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-03-30T06:21:49+00:00

    Hello Dave, I just try to reinstall windows again but I can't get it on uefi as. I get this when boot from USB

    Bellow is the screenshot and the folder in USB I used to install, is something missing ?

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-30T06:31:38+00:00

    This is my boot folder for USB disk, is there something missing ?

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-30T06:44:47+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89

    Did you boot into BIOS, then turn off Secure Boot and set that YSB as the primary boot device?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-03-30T06:47:26+00:00

    Yes,

    I was able to install but not the uefi one, only the mbr

    Therefore I suspect something missing from my uefi file in USB as it's showing that error screen when I try to boot my USB in uefi mode

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-30T06:53:54+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89

    To convert your Drive to GPT:, please note, this process will wipe that drive.

    At the very start of the Installation Process, press Shift + F10, or Shift + Fn + F10 to open Command Prompt

    Run this command and hit Enter:

    diskpart

    Run this command and hit Enter:

    list disk

    (Make note of the disk number you want to convert and enter it into the next command - replace X)

    Run this command and hit Enter:

    select disk X

    Run this command and hit Enter:

    clean

    Run this command and hit Enter:

    convert gpt

    Then close Command Prompt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments