My disk already gpt, problem is I can't get the USB boot in uefi only legacy although I have efi folder in my USB, but the USB can't boot in uefi
Mbr to gpt convert failed
Hello I just upgrade my PC from p8z77vlx to ProArt z690 creator and I do convert mbr to gpt for my existing Windows 10 21h2 so I can use uefi bios, the problem is the conversion failed and I can't boot to Windows.
Anything I can do to be able to boot and repair the gpt partition ?
Or I need to reinstall Windows ?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-03-30T06:59:00+00:00 -
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2022-03-30T06:53:54+00:00 Hi DevotedOne89
To convert your Drive to GPT:, please note, this process will wipe that drive.
At the very start of the Installation Process, press Shift + F10, or Shift + Fn + F10 to open Command Prompt
Run this command and hit Enter:
diskpart
Run this command and hit Enter:
list disk
(Make note of the disk number you want to convert and enter it into the next command - replace X)
Run this command and hit Enter:
select disk X
Run this command and hit Enter:
clean
Run this command and hit Enter:
convert gpt
Then close Command Prompt
-
Anonymous
2022-03-30T06:47:26+00:00 Yes,
I was able to install but not the uefi one, only the mbr
Therefore I suspect something missing from my uefi file in USB as it's showing that error screen when I try to boot my USB in uefi mode
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2022-03-30T06:44:47+00:00 Hi DevotedOne89
Did you boot into BIOS, then turn off Secure Boot and set that YSB as the primary boot device?