Mbr to gpt convert failed

Anonymous
2022-03-25T12:12:38+00:00

Hello I just upgrade my PC from p8z77vlx to ProArt z690 creator and I do convert mbr to gpt for my existing Windows 10 21h2 so I can use uefi bios, the problem is the conversion failed and I can't boot to Windows.

Anything I can do to be able to boot and repair the gpt partition ?

Or I need to reinstall Windows ?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-30T07:46:39+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89

    Boot Option 1 on the Boot tab is set to boot form your internal hard drive (Windows Boot Manager) can you set that to the USB?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-30T07:41:51+00:00

    I already try both uefi and other is fir secure boot, but nothing works![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/aad513ca-9c14-4045-927b-b4cb2cea06c1?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-30T07:17:46+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89

    Please provide a photo of all the tabs you have in BIOS, so I can see the available settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-03-30T07:07:10+00:00

    Already off, but somehow it said my USB missing efi boot bcd

    What can I do ?

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-30T07:00:38+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89

    Check in BIOS to see if CSM is enabled, if it is, turn that off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments