Mbr to gpt convert failed

Anonymous
2022-03-25T12:12:38+00:00

Hello I just upgrade my PC from p8z77vlx to ProArt z690 creator and I do convert mbr to gpt for my existing Windows 10 21h2 so I can use uefi bios, the problem is the conversion failed and I can't boot to Windows.

Anything I can do to be able to boot and repair the gpt partition ?

Or I need to reinstall Windows ?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-30T09:53:08+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89,

    Do you have access to another PC to make the USB on that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-30T09:45:26+00:00

    Hello Dave, I have download the tool but the toll won't run even as admin...

    I think it because my Windows is broken

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-30T09:30:00+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89,

    No, you cannot copy the files from the ISO to a USB, you must use the Media Creation Tool, that will download the required files, then automatically create the USB and then delete the temporary files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-03-30T09:23:20+00:00

    Dear Dave,

    Do I just copy files from the ISO to USB or I need to do something else ?

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-30T08:30:20+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89,

    Yes, if you create a new bootable USB, that will contain version 21h2 and will be bootable in UEFI mode.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments