Mbr to gpt convert failed

Anonymous
2022-03-25T12:12:38+00:00

Hello I just upgrade my PC from p8z77vlx to ProArt z690 creator and I do convert mbr to gpt for my existing Windows 10 21h2 so I can use uefi bios, the problem is the conversion failed and I can't boot to Windows.

Anything I can do to be able to boot and repair the gpt partition ?

Or I need to reinstall Windows ?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-03-30T19:07:16+00:00

    Hello Dave,

    I am done

    I used Rufus to create a bootable usb and it's worked !

    Now I have re install Windows 10 21h2

    I got Activated as soon as I sign in, same goes for Office

    Now I got two concerning things

    1. HDD temperature 46, 47 and 48 C
    2. Front Panel USB 3.0 not working (will need to contact Asus I think)

    At least all things that troubling me for 6 days are solved, thank you so much for your patience and assistance

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-30T10:29:34+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89,

    Those files look to be correct, but there is no way just by viewing the files to know if one of them are corrupt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-03-30T10:27:51+00:00

    Hello Dave, can you confirm files inside this folder ?

    Thank you in advance

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-30T09:59:57+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89,

    If you cannot create the USB on your PC, you will need access to another PC to create that USB, either borrow one, or use a PC at a library or Internet Café

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-03-30T09:58:07+00:00

    No I only have one PC....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments