Mbr to gpt convert failed

Anonymous
2022-03-25T12:12:38+00:00

Hello I just upgrade my PC from p8z77vlx to ProArt z690 creator and I do convert mbr to gpt for my existing Windows 10 21h2 so I can use uefi bios, the problem is the conversion failed and I can't boot to Windows.

Anything I can do to be able to boot and repair the gpt partition ?

Or I need to reinstall Windows ?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2022-03-25T12:45:56+00:00

    Hi DevotedOne89

    I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    1

    Did you backup your personal files before you tried to convert that drive?

    2

    What method did you use to convert the drive, was that the Microsoft mbr2gpt tool?

    What error did you receive during the conversion process?

    3

    What error do you now see when you try to boot up your PC?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments