Hello Dave, I have download the tool but the toll won't run even as admin...
I think it because my Windows is broken
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello I just upgrade my PC from p8z77vlx to ProArt z690 creator and I do convert mbr to gpt for my existing Windows 10 21h2 so I can use uefi bios, the problem is the conversion failed and I can't boot to Windows.
Anything I can do to be able to boot and repair the gpt partition ?
Or I need to reinstall Windows ?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello Dave, I have download the tool but the toll won't run even as admin...
I think it because my Windows is broken
Hi DevotedOne89,
No, you cannot copy the files from the ISO to a USB, you must use the Media Creation Tool, that will download the required files, then automatically create the USB and then delete the temporary files.
Dear Dave,
Do I just copy files from the ISO to USB or I need to do something else ?
Thank you
Hi DevotedOne89,
Yes, if you create a new bootable USB, that will contain version 21h2 and will be bootable in UEFI mode.
Well, can you explain to me this 'uefi' and why it's so complicated, since last time I get new motherboard in 2012, I am not familiar with this and the secure boot
Meanwhile I will buy new USB, because I need to create new boot USB using windows 10 21h2 iso, correct ?