Try saving that document as a new file and put it in a different folder and try to attach it. It seems like there is an issue with some documents only.
Can't attach word document with Windows 10 home
Today I was unable to attach a Word file to an email I wanted to send. I first tried through my Yahoo mail account. I didn't get an error message, the computer screen just got paler while the circular working icon was going. After waiting, I closed the program. After repeated attempts, I restarted my computer and had the same problem. I tried sending the Word file from my Gmail account and got the same problem.
The problem seems to be with just Word, as I had no problem attaching a PDF file.
I haven't made any recent changes and don't have any 3rd party virus protection. I tried the Microsoft trouble shooter with no result.
I have Windows 10 Home and use Chrome as my browser. I've had this configuration on my computer for over 2 years without a problem.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-02-22T11:39:39+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-02-22T12:03:06+00:00 I tried that with no luck even though I put the saved as a new file doc in a "good" folder.
I also tried creating new Word docs with just a few words. No luck with 3 different attempts putting them in "good" and "bad" folders.
I've also noticed that some of the "good" folders contained a Word doc that I couldn't attach. I've checked and saw that Macros were not enabled on a sample of those. So I'm at a loss as to the cause of this.
-
Anonymous
2022-02-22T12:06:38+00:00 Can you try uninstalling the browser and installing it again, I did not want to do it but seems like we tried everything.
-
Anonymous
2022-02-22T12:13:54+00:00 I already tried using a different browser, Edge, from my Chrome browser. So wouldn't that rule out a browser issue?
-
Anonymous
2022-02-22T12:14:52+00:00 It would but still let's give it a try, uninstalling and reinstalling won't take much time.