Before resetting it, I would recommend trying using another Internet connection, like your Mobile's hotspot for example.
Can't attach word document with Windows 10 home
Today I was unable to attach a Word file to an email I wanted to send. I first tried through my Yahoo mail account. I didn't get an error message, the computer screen just got paler while the circular working icon was going. After waiting, I closed the program. After repeated attempts, I restarted my computer and had the same problem. I tried sending the Word file from my Gmail account and got the same problem.
The problem seems to be with just Word, as I had no problem attaching a PDF file.
I haven't made any recent changes and don't have any 3rd party virus protection. I tried the Microsoft trouble shooter with no result.
I have Windows 10 Home and use Chrome as my browser. I've had this configuration on my computer for over 2 years without a problem.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-02-21T10:32:20+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-02-21T13:23:53+00:00 I went to the public library and used their Internet connection. Same problem using both the Private and Public Internet settings.. When I try to attach a Word document to an email I get no response.
Since I've tried different browsers, mail programs and Internet connections wouldn't the problem have to be with Word?
Thanks agains for your help.
-
Anonymous
2022-02-21T13:25:27+00:00 I'm using a browser with a mail program. I've tried different browsers, different mail program and different Internet connection without any luck.
-
Neil D 34,310 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2022-02-21T13:26:23+00:00 Are you using Word to Send the document to mail or are you using your email and attaching the Word document from the location on your internal drive?
-
Anonymous
2022-02-21T13:40:54+00:00 I'm using my email program and trying to attach a Word document from a location on my internal drive. For some reason I can do this with a PDF file but not a Word or Excel doc. I've tried different Word docs without success.