Can't attach word document with Windows 10 home

Anonymous
2022-02-21T08:14:40+00:00

Today I was unable to attach a Word file to an email I wanted to send. I first tried through my Yahoo mail account. I didn't get an error message, the computer screen just got paler while the circular working icon was going. After waiting, I closed the program. After repeated attempts, I restarted my computer and had the same problem. I tried sending the Word file from my Gmail account and got the same problem.

The problem seems to be with just Word, as I had no problem attaching a PDF file.

I haven't made any recent changes and don't have any 3rd party virus protection. I tried the Microsoft trouble shooter with no result.

I have Windows 10 Home and use Chrome as my browser. I've had this configuration on my computer for over 2 years without a problem.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-23T09:32:01+00:00

    I tired uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome. Problem is still there.

    I tried loading the Google Drive app to my computer to see if I could move Word docs there and then attach to emails from my computer. I was unable to move any Word docs from my computer to the Google Drive, even those Docs that I can attach to emails from the hard drive on my computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-22T12:26:37+00:00

    Yes, as far as those settings are synced, they should come back once you log in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-22T12:25:33+00:00

    OK, I'll try later today when I have more time. Will uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome effect my settings and passwords? I use Chrome on another tablet and they are synched, so I guess the settings would automatically come back?

    Thanks again for all your help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-22T12:14:52+00:00

    It would but still let's give it a try, uninstalling and reinstalling won't take much time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-22T12:13:54+00:00

    I already tried using a different browser, Edge, from my Chrome browser. So wouldn't that rule out a browser issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments