Can't attach word document with Windows 10 home

Anonymous
2022-02-21T08:14:40+00:00

Today I was unable to attach a Word file to an email I wanted to send. I first tried through my Yahoo mail account. I didn't get an error message, the computer screen just got paler while the circular working icon was going. After waiting, I closed the program. After repeated attempts, I restarted my computer and had the same problem. I tried sending the Word file from my Gmail account and got the same problem.

The problem seems to be with just Word, as I had no problem attaching a PDF file.

I haven't made any recent changes and don't have any 3rd party virus protection. I tried the Microsoft trouble shooter with no result.

I have Windows 10 Home and use Chrome as my browser. I've had this configuration on my computer for over 2 years without a problem.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-25T12:56:38+00:00

    Hi, Is this what you need? wasn't sure in which search box to type "winver".

    Edition Windows 10 Home

    Version 20H2

    Installed on ‎3/‎25/‎2021

    OS build 19042.1526

    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack [I've left the numbers here blank as I'm not sure if they should be shared online]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Neil D 34,310 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-02-25T12:35:19+00:00

    I now have the two documents saved on my internal drive. Using two emails in Gmail I can attach both and send both to my hotmail address.

    I don't have a problem so I can't think what it is with your system.

    Can you confirm your Windows 10 version and build for me, type winver in Search and select the top result.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-25T12:16:16+00:00

    I clicked the "shared" link on the left hand side at onedrive.live.com and no files show up.

    I tried the copy function for anyone can edit and got different URLs. I was able to open these in the Incognito mode, so I think you should be able to as well.

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiYFEuv6ZdQIZ0KN4DukqCvowew?e=4MwDcahttps://1drv.ms/w/s!AiYFEuv6ZdQIllF4u6ExaovJPpz-?e=elMLJB

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Neil D 34,310 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-02-25T11:57:52+00:00

    When I click on the link it opens my browser and directs to OneDrive but I cannot see your documents.

    In your browser you should see a shared link in the left hand pane that shows what you have shared, these documents should be in that list. If you have a public folder on OneDrive then put the files in there.

    And no we are not allowed any other contact via email or personal Drop Box.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-25T11:47:40+00:00

    I'm not sure what you mean by "folders with the documents in are set to shared". Is that at the OneDrive website? I've just checked the "anyone with a link can edit" function. So I think you should be able to open it. If not I can send the docs to your email or a drop box.

    I always save docs that I get by email to my computer before editing and attaching again. Some of those Word docs can't now be attached even though I previously did not have that problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments