Did you try using a different Internet connection? Sometimes it could be an issue as well.
Reset your Internet Settings if changed anything.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Today I was unable to attach a Word file to an email I wanted to send. I first tried through my Yahoo mail account. I didn't get an error message, the computer screen just got paler while the circular working icon was going. After waiting, I closed the program. After repeated attempts, I restarted my computer and had the same problem. I tried sending the Word file from my Gmail account and got the same problem.
The problem seems to be with just Word, as I had no problem attaching a PDF file.
I haven't made any recent changes and don't have any 3rd party virus protection. I tried the Microsoft trouble shooter with no result.
I have Windows 10 Home and use Chrome as my browser. I've had this configuration on my computer for over 2 years without a problem.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Did you try using a different Internet connection? Sometimes it could be an issue as well.
Reset your Internet Settings if changed anything.
Hi Bhavik,
Yes I did try attaching another Word document with no luck. Both were stored on my computer and not on the cloud.
I just tried using Microsoft Edge browser and had the same problem. I can't attach Word documents but I can attach a PDF file. I tired an Excel doc and couldn't attach that. So the problem is with Word and Excel.
The only possible thing I can think of that might be relevant is that the the first Word document I tried to send was a a doc I got by email and I had to enable editing to revise it. But I've tried to attach other Word docs that I had created without luck.
Thanks for your help,
Andrew
Hi AndrewHutter,
Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue!
I am Bhavik, a Microsoft user like you. Please note, I am not a Microsoft employee and don’t have direct access to your account, but I will do everything I can to help you with your queries. :)
Have you tried attaching another Word document, just to verify if that issue is there for all the documents or a specific one?
Also, the Word document you're attaching is stored locally or on the cloud and synced to your local machine?
I would also recommend trying another browser, like Microsoft Edge.
Let me know in case of any further assistance is required, I will be glad to assist.
Thanks
Bhavik