Where can I place very large files or folders to PREVENT them from uploading/syncing to OneDrive?

Anonymous
2022-02-25T15:32:13+00:00

I have a very low bandwidth Internet connection, which cannot at this time be improved. With Files On-Demand sending most of the files and folders on my new Windows 11 PC to OneDrive, large files such as Quicken.qdf and my Outlook PST file never stop uploading. They are clogging up the works for everyone using this network.

I have now managed to copy my Quicken file because it finally finished uploading, and I've put it temporarily on an external hard drive. Where can I place it on my PC so that it won't start uploading to OneDrive again?

A related problem, because I use Outlook ten or twelve hours a day for my work, is that my PST file never STOPS uploading. Windows won't let me cut and paste the file to my external hard drive until it stops uploading. But it never does.

At my wits' end!

VeazyT

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-27T17:36:02+00:00

Here's the derailed guide on how to set the Outlook file location:

https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/config/to-mov...


Disclaimer:

This reply contains non-Microsoft websites. The page(s) appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-27T04:08:46+00:00

Right you right-clicking (like the right hand side button of the mouse) only once, not twice, we need that context menu which appears when you right click on any file on Windows or anywhere in space in My Computer.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-27T16:28:37+00:00

    Unfortunately, Outlook is not recognizing my pst file in the new location. I get the following error message when I try to send/receive:

    This is where the pst file is located:

    I'll try moving it to Music. That did not work, either. I got the same message, Outlook data file cannot be accessed...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-27T15:44:55+00:00

    No problem at all, I'm glad to assist you with this. Would there be anything else at this point of time which I can help you with?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-27T15:43:52+00:00

    Okay, that's what I'll do. Thanks so much for sticking with me through all this. You have been incredibly generous with your time and expertise and patient with my rudimentary understanding of how all these things work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments