Dear Bhavik,
I am using webmail on my PC now because I don't yet have everything in place to open Outlook on the laptop I've been writing to you about over the last few days. Last night after dinner, following a bit differently one of your instructions, I was--incredibly!--able to right-click on my PST file, cut it, and save it to my external hard drive. Where I did this was in the big list of files that are either uploading to OneDrive or have already uploaded that is visible when you click the OneDrive icon on the taskbar. EVEN THOUGH THE PST FILE WAS UPLOADING AT THE TIME, I was able to cut it and paste it to Drive D:.
So I have now moved my whole Outlook Files folder, now containing my PST along with other related files, to the Music folder under My PC. I plan to try to open Outlook and create a new account that uses the My Profile.pst as the location for OL data.
One Microsoft site I found said that in order to keep the new folder safe from being uploaded to OneDrive I could create "C:\My Outlook Files," which would make me feel more secure. But I can't figure out how to do this. It seems a bit odd to have my Outlook files in a Music folder, which isn't structured specifically for that sort of content, but at least I know that it's unchecked in Settings > Accounts > Choose Folders.
I will turn syncing completely off while I'm doing what I've described above. If you have any suggestions or ideas, that would be great. Otherwise I will report back on how things go once I'm done.
Fingers crossed,
Veazy