Windows 11 100% disk usage

Anonymous
2022-02-19T22:42:24+00:00

Hello, recently windows offered free update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since completing this update, I have been having the issue whereby task manager shows that 100% disk being used on a constant basis. Laptop runs at a snail's pace now and it's only 3 months old. Could you please assist?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-06T05:19:46+00:00

    Mine is HDD.

    I have checked drive's health using third party crystaldiskinfo tool.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-01T00:23:32+00:00

    Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same issue and the above suggestions didn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-01T19:45:42+00:00

    Those suggestions didn't help me either, but I fortunately saw the issue go away over the next week without taking more steps. Still hasn't resurfaced, knock on wood.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-13T19:41:21+00:00

    I disabled two services in services.msc to get mine to stop the 100% SSD usage: "SysMain" and "Connected User Service & Telemetry". Once these were stopped and disabled, I rebooted the computer and everything worked just fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-12T06:09:42+00:00

    Hi,

    I had this same issue on my Lenovo ThinkPad - Windows 11 Pro 21H2 - SSD . So I went through:

    Device Manager > IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers **** > Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

    and had the iaStorAC.sys driver

    I wrote down the device instance path as mentioned in the article and then opened the regedit on the suggested path:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\<Put your AHCI Controller Value here>\Device Parameters\Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties   
    

    So I looked up the  MessageSignaledInterruptProperties key, which was set to 1 hex then I put it to 0 hex as described in this article.

    Closed the Registry Editor and Reboot.

    My disk usage came down from 100% to 19% as of now.

    Pretty darn worked for me !

    Big Thank You !

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments