Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same issue and the above suggestions didn't work.
Windows 11 100% disk usage
Hello, recently windows offered free update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since completing this update, I have been having the issue whereby task manager shows that 100% disk being used on a constant basis. Laptop runs at a snail's pace now and it's only 3 months old. Could you please assist?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-07-01T00:23:32+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-05-13T18:51:32+00:00 This worked for me on HP Pavilion
Another thing to do is disable hibernate file.
Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following:
powercfg hibernate off
Instant response for me. Happy days!
-
Anonymous
2022-05-04T06:10:53+00:00 You are awesome. This problem has been absolutely killing me since I switched to Windows 11. My keyboard was freezing while my Word documents were autosaving. In the Windows 11 Device Manager my particular instance of the driver is under:
Device Manager>Storage controller>Intel(R) Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller
It is iaStorAC.sys, and the details will take you to the appropriate place as indicated in your instructions. Suddenly there are no lags and windows are snapping open. Thank you so much.
Phil
-
Anonymous
2022-02-20T16:44:04+00:00 Hello,
Unfortunately no, I tried this following the guide. No change disk usage still running at 100% following restart.