Windows 11 100% disk usage

Anonymous
2022-02-19T22:42:24+00:00

Hello, recently windows offered free update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since completing this update, I have been having the issue whereby task manager shows that 100% disk being used on a constant basis. Laptop runs at a snail's pace now and it's only 3 months old. Could you please assist?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-05T03:20:18+00:00

    When my PC was at windows 10 it was fast and reliable. When Microsoft forced the Windows 11 upgrade it has been so GOD DAM SLOW **** did Microsoft do? It now takes 20 minutes to login Win 11 where in Win 10 it only took 30 seconds. Your suggestions suck and does nothing to resolve the issue. Microsoft really **** up with this one. I am better off downgrading to Windows ME than to be at Windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-28T01:32:23+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-20T18:23:07+00:00

    Hi,
    My name is Igor, I have 12 Microsoft MVP awards. It's a pleasure for me to help others and I'll do all my best to help you. I'm sorry you have a problems.

    Do you have HDD or SSD? If it is HDD, please check drive's health with third party CrystalDiskInfo tool. If you have SSD, check it with a manufacturer's tool.

    And please run Task manager, open Performance tab, select Disk C: at the left and show a screenshot.

    CrystalDiskInfo tool works great. Every HDD should have this software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-20T17:56:40+00:00

    I have tried everything on this page and still getting 100% disk usage. This renders the laptop no more than a paper weight. Any other suggestion. Apart from swapping hard drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-20T18:34:40+00:00

    Thank you Thank you. Many months of great frustration are finally over.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments