Agree, and I feel your pain. I am working on my father's 1 year old Dell Inspiron with 100% disk usage issue. In the past, I have been successful disabling SysMain, but not this time. Now I am digging into all the "other" things that have worked for some people - nothing works. I agree that Microsoft needs to own this resolution. While I greatly appreciate the input from independent consultants and MVPs, they really do not know the code base and can only summarize what they read elsewhere.
Windows 11 100% disk usage
Hello, recently windows offered free update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since completing this update, I have been having the issue whereby task manager shows that 100% disk being used on a constant basis. Laptop runs at a snail's pace now and it's only 3 months old. Could you please assist?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-12-31T19:16:57+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-12-29T02:30:01+00:00 I used to get this issue after just about every Windows 10 update. Killing SysMain (Super Fetch) usually helped a lot. Each update would reactivate it you see. I never switched up to Windows 11 - and after this I probably won't. But now my father's laptop (Windows 11) is doing the same BS after the latest update.
It's incredible how little accountability we get from Microsoft on this. This issue is nearly a decade old.
AFTER UPDATES FROM MICROSOFT, THE SYSTEMS ARE BASICALLY UNUSABLE DUE TO THE 100% DISK USAGE THAT WILL NOT GO AWAY ON THEIR OWN.
AND THIS IS NOT CAUSED BY CORRUPTED ANYTHING OR THE NEED TO UPDATE DRIVERS.
it's caused by whatever **** they update or activate in your system with the update.
I'm not exaggerating when I say I've had to fix these same issues over a dozen times over the years.
I forced myself to update to W11. Now this issue resolves itself in much less time. B4 it took at least 5 minutes to become usable. Now about a minute
-
Anonymous
2022-12-29T02:14:56+00:00 I used to get this issue after just about every Windows 10 update. Killing SysMain (Super Fetch) usually helped a lot. Each update would reactivate it you see. I never switched up to Windows 11 - and after this I probably won't. But now my father's laptop (Windows 11) is doing the same BS after the latest update.
It's incredible how little accountability we get from Microsoft on this. This issue is nearly a decade old.
AFTER UPDATES FROM MICROSOFT, THE SYSTEMS ARE BASICALLY UNUSABLE DUE TO THE 100% DISK USAGE THAT WILL NOT GO AWAY ON THEIR OWN.
AND THIS IS NOT CAUSED BY CORRUPTED ANYTHING OR THE NEED TO UPDATE DRIVERS.
it's caused by whatever **** they update or activate in your system with the update.
I'm not exaggerating when I say I've had to fix these same issues over a dozen times over the years.
-
Anonymous
2022-11-28T13:10:10+00:00 Check out this if it's helps for you: Website: https://tricknology.in/fix-100-disk-usage-on-windows-11/
Video: https://youtu.be/5S-eVuDVFIw
-
Anonymous
2022-11-05T10:19:19+00:00 When my PC was at windows 10 it was fast and reliable. When Microsoft forced the Windows 11 upgrade it has been so GOD DAM SLOW **** did Microsoft do? It now takes 20 minutes to login Win 11 where in Win 10 it only took 30 seconds. Your suggestions suck and does nothing to resolve the issue. Microsoft really **** up with this one. I am better off downgrading to Windows ME than to be at Windows 11.
This started with me at Win 10. And never went away. I am switching to Apple in a couple of months to get away from Microsoft