Windows 11 100% disk usage

Anonymous
2022-02-19T22:42:24+00:00

Hello, recently windows offered free update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since completing this update, I have been having the issue whereby task manager shows that 100% disk being used on a constant basis. Laptop runs at a snail's pace now and it's only 3 months old. Could you please assist?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-11T14:43:41+00:00

    Disk 100% uses so pc slow work

    Microsoft is always no responding

    Windows 11

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-03T06:47:26+00:00

    Only thing that worked for me was updating the firmware for my SSD. Nothing on this forum helped.

    I had to boot in safe mode with Network. Download WD dashboard and update my WD Blue SSD 510.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-01T19:44:08+00:00

    I tried lots of steps like , registry AHCI driver option (decimal-1-0) , some of services disable-sysmain service, Connected User Service & Telemetry but not worked.

    also try end some high process in task manager and disable unwanted startup application, this step worked on some of laptop and desktop .

    I tried the all solution on laptop finally I start my worked steps, first remove the all unwanted files - Run- %temp% - select all files and shift delete. Use same procedure for temp, prefetch, recent command,

    Then go to my computer (This pc) and select C:/ Drive- go to properties -click on "Tools" then click on 'check' this option use for check the all system errors . After complete the scan drive - click on 'optimize" - analyze - optimize (after click on that option all drive will defragment - it will take some time ,Then check the disk usage in task manager, there will be get some progress. Thanks,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-28T12:25:09+00:00

    I updated everything. Seems a big problem was pending Oas update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-28T01:30:53+00:00

    I update SSD firmware (from western digital dashboard program, if yours is wd) and it solved issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments