Windows 11 100% disk usage

Anonymous
2022-02-19T22:42:24+00:00

Hello, recently windows offered free update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since completing this update, I have been having the issue whereby task manager shows that 100% disk being used on a constant basis. Laptop runs at a snail's pace now and it's only 3 months old. Could you please assist?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-11T23:21:05+00:00

    That main reply with the many steps to try I have seen work and not work, just like the mix of responses in this thread. I've seen this issue with virtual machines, physical ones, on personal configs, corporate (domain) configs, etc. My own personal experience was a Lenovo laptop with Win10. This thing was just constantly at 100%, I've seen the suggestions elsewhere too and have tried them, but nothing worked. One day I had decided to force update my laptop to Win11 due to TMP ver my CPU has getting in the way. I had noticed the same issue existed. From there, I decided to just replace the SATA hard drive with an M.2 SSD, even cloned that HDD so I can have my data on the SSD and all of that. It was working perfectly afterwards, not even semi high HDD utilization on boot-up. Hell, I even kept the old SATA 1TB drive to use as a second storage volume and partitioned out as well. Keeping that in play with the M.2 flash storage was not even a problem. Hilarious and sad at the same time.......Not even the people that design this stuff truly know what they are doing.

    I never wanted to swap storage devices before because SSD prices were not what I was willing to pay at the time. Go figure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-04T02:09:23+00:00

    I don't know why or how but this worked for me, now I can play Fornite after a long and exhausting working day, thanks random person, hope you find good things in your life.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-26T17:22:57+00:00

    super!.. for me also it worked. instant response. mine is Dell inspiron 15 3000 laptop

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-24T15:38:38+00:00

    Hi,

    I am using Dell 3593 windows 11 for last 3 years. This has been persistent for a long time.

    Please help to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments