Windows 11 100% disk usage

Anonymous
2022-02-19T22:42:24+00:00

Hello, recently windows offered free update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since completing this update, I have been having the issue whereby task manager shows that 100% disk being used on a constant basis. Laptop runs at a snail's pace now and it's only 3 months old. Could you please assist?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-20T07:36:08+00:00

    Hello,

    See if this fix helps you:

    https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-100-disk-usage-in-windows-11

    Let us know if this helps!

    Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-20T00:01:31+00:00

    Hi,

    My name is Igor, I have 12 Microsoft MVP awards. It's a pleasure for me to help others and I'll do all my best to help you. I'm sorry you have a problems.

    Do you have HDD or SSD? If it is HDD, please check drive's health with third party CrystalDiskInfo tool. If you have SSD, check it with a manufacturer's tool.

    And please run Task manager, open Performance tab, select Disk C: at the left and show a screenshot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments