Windows 11 100% disk usage

Anonymous
2022-02-19T22:42:24+00:00

Hello, recently windows offered free update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since completing this update, I have been having the issue whereby task manager shows that 100% disk being used on a constant basis. Laptop runs at a snail's pace now and it's only 3 months old. Could you please assist?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-03T06:47:26+00:00

    Only thing that worked for me was updating the firmware for my SSD. Nothing on this forum helped.

    I had to boot in safe mode with Network. Download WD dashboard and update my WD Blue SSD 510.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-28T01:30:53+00:00

    I update SSD firmware (from western digital dashboard program, if yours is wd) and it solved issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-31T19:16:57+00:00

    Agree, and I feel your pain. I am working on my father's 1 year old Dell Inspiron with 100% disk usage issue. In the past, I have been successful disabling SysMain, but not this time. Now I am digging into all the "other" things that have worked for some people - nothing works. I agree that Microsoft needs to own this resolution. While I greatly appreciate the input from independent consultants and MVPs, they really do not know the code base and can only summarize what they read elsewhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-28T01:32:23+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-01T19:45:42+00:00

    Those suggestions didn't help me either, but I fortunately saw the issue go away over the next week without taking more steps. Still hasn't resurfaced, knock on wood.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments