Windows 11 100% disk usage

Anonymous
2022-02-19T22:42:24+00:00

Hello, recently windows offered free update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since completing this update, I have been having the issue whereby task manager shows that 100% disk being used on a constant basis. Laptop runs at a snail's pace now and it's only 3 months old. Could you please assist?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-05T03:20:18+00:00

    When my PC was at windows 10 it was fast and reliable. When Microsoft forced the Windows 11 upgrade it has been so GOD DAM SLOW **** did Microsoft do? It now takes 20 minutes to login Win 11 where in Win 10 it only took 30 seconds. Your suggestions suck and does nothing to resolve the issue. Microsoft really **** up with this one. I am better off downgrading to Windows ME than to be at Windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-05T10:19:19+00:00

    When my PC was at windows 10 it was fast and reliable. When Microsoft forced the Windows 11 upgrade it has been so GOD DAM SLOW **** did Microsoft do? It now takes 20 minutes to login Win 11 where in Win 10 it only took 30 seconds. Your suggestions suck and does nothing to resolve the issue. Microsoft really **** up with this one. I am better off downgrading to Windows ME than to be at Windows 11.

    This started with me at Win 10. And never went away. I am switching to Apple in a couple of months to get away from Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-12T15:03:48+00:00

    I finally broke down and killed all the auto loading startup junk and suddenly everything was fine. I then put in the few things I wanted one by one until they were loading at startup and left everything else out. The culprit is somewhere in a mass of **** third-party badly written garbage and there is so much of it I haven’t bothered to run it down. No problems since.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-01T00:23:32+00:00

    Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same issue and the above suggestions didn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-27T10:30:32+00:00

    This worked for me on HP Pavilion

    Another thing to do is disable hibernate file. 

    Run CMD as Administrator, and type the following: 

    powercfg hibernate off 

    Instant response for me. Happy days!

    This worked for me.. thanks a lot..

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments