Help reading a Dump file

Anonymous
2021-09-04T23:01:58+00:00

My Pc has a new found power loss issue during gaming it simply loses power and there are little to no error logs. I have logs about Drivers failing on every startup that I dont believe are related, and after I reboot from a crash I see error 41 Kernal Power, And Error 6008, Unexpected shutdown. However recently there was a shutdown wherre the top 1/4th of my display showed a BSOD error and created a dump file, which Im hoping will shed some light on my problem, but Im not sure how to open or read it.

(I suspect my issue is the PSU Voltage is lower than it should be which would be upsetting, its a brand new Revolt-X and I already just spent 3 months waiting on Powercolor to replace my Gpu, but my Psu was probably damaged at the same point)

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-08T00:18:55+00:00

    Have you tried to test your PSU using Multimeter? Or if you can test your PSU on another PC.

    Also try to test your RAM.

    Try running the MemTest86+ diagnostic tool to test your Memory(RAM).

    -Run MemTest Overnight(8 passes).

    Click this Link: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14201-memte...


    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-08T13:21:29+00:00

    I had another log cite Steam client as the Image_Name. I was able to play a game from the Gog store for hours, playing with all kinds fo settings, enabling raytracing, playing it 4k or 2160p, switching settings back and fourth, and wasnt able to reproduce the crash, then after exiting it and the Gog client and opening steam, Path of Exile, a much less graphically demanding game, crashed within minutes. Nearly immediately upon beginning to play. I think this probably says alot about my problem. Until recently my steam client had been loading on startup and could have been the cause of my system crashing even while only using my browser. One simple but important question here, Does Steam Client use the ene.sys File for anything?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-08T14:38:08+00:00

    No, Steam client doesn't use ene.sys.

    As far as i know, ene.sys driver is a component of Gskill Trident Z Lighting Control.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-08T18:23:33+00:00

    The problem doesnt occur if I dont open the Steam game client. Im going to reinstall it and see if that allows me to game crash free.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-09-09T19:35:04+00:00

    Hi,

    My name is Igor, I have 12 Microsoft MVP awards. It's a pleasure for me to help others and I'll do all my best to help you. I'm sorry you have a problems.

    Did you turn off PC forcibly by holding power button pressed? If not, Kernel-Power 41 (63) error mostly means the problem with power supplying. Can you replace power supply unit for checking? It may mean problems with power management in BIOS or motherboard too.

    And you may try to turn off all CPU power saving modes in BIOS (different C states) to check if the problem is in motherboard.

    See some details at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments