I can't download the dump file, "This item might not exist or is no longer be available".
Help reading a Dump file
My Pc has a new found power loss issue during gaming it simply loses power and there are little to no error logs. I have logs about Drivers failing on every startup that I dont believe are related, and after I reboot from a crash I see error 41 Kernal Power, And Error 6008, Unexpected shutdown. However recently there was a shutdown wherre the top 1/4th of my display showed a BSOD error and created a dump file, which Im hoping will shed some light on my problem, but Im not sure how to open or read it.
(I suspect my issue is the PSU Voltage is lower than it should be which would be upsetting, its a brand new Revolt-X and I already just spent 3 months waiting on Powercolor to replace my Gpu, but my Psu was probably damaged at the same point)
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2021-09-05T07:14:57+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-09-05T13:34:10+00:00 Iv continued trying to troubleshoot on my own and had no luck.
Iv managed to both open the files myself and get the link working properly, Being that I dont use onedrive, I wasnt aware that the URL in the address bar was NOT viable, It works now that Iv used the in file browser share button, and copied this link from it. These are only a small portion of my crashes, most havent brought upon the BSOD at all but have simply immediately shut down without warning or, seems like not even an event log in either system or application logs.
If youd be so kind as to tell me which lines of the dump file are the errors I should start with researching in the future that would be lovely, Im the tech support in my circles but I need more experience with software and windows.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-05T21:30:29+00:00 Hi,
Dump: 090421-7328-01.dmp
There was a Bug check: 0x1000007e
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Caused by driver: dxgmms2.sys
dxgmms2.sys is a Windows System driver that is associated with the Graphics.
I would suggest you to reinstall the Graphics Card Driver.
Download the latest GPU driver.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-06T03:07:55+00:00 I have done that however. I used a well known program called the Display Driver Uninstaller or DDU, to remove all traces of all my previous graphics drivers, and I redownloaded the latest version of AMDs Radeon software. Iv done so twice, first trying Amds Auto detect and install under the Drivers and support page for my specific model, and then am currently using a manual download of their Recommended version and not the optional Version. I suppose il try the optional version its installing now and I should be able to cause another crash within half an hour unless this has fixed it.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-06T04:52:30+00:00 I have also uninstalled all unused devices in the device manager, and uninstalled my graphics driver there, windows immediately installed a new one and I had gone a long time without a crash, had my hopes up, forgot entirely about my fear that it was gonna happen any second, and then my heart sank :D