I also seem to be unable to get more Bsod dump files. Ever since reinstalling windows the system completely loses power without creating a file in MiniDumps, AND it can now boot and run under the Driver verifier settings Id been using. But the system still ONLY crashes when running Steam.exe, how could it be a hardware problem.
Help reading a Dump file
My Pc has a new found power loss issue during gaming it simply loses power and there are little to no error logs. I have logs about Drivers failing on every startup that I dont believe are related, and after I reboot from a crash I see error 41 Kernal Power, And Error 6008, Unexpected shutdown. However recently there was a shutdown wherre the top 1/4th of my display showed a BSOD error and created a dump file, which Im hoping will shed some light on my problem, but Im not sure how to open or read it.
(I suspect my issue is the PSU Voltage is lower than it should be which would be upsetting, its a brand new Revolt-X and I already just spent 3 months waiting on Powercolor to replace my Gpu, but my Psu was probably damaged at the same point)
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-09-25T01:02:21+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-09-23T03:59:57+00:00 Copied this from my Reliability monitor or more specifically, System and Security > Security and Maintenance > Problem Details. This also suggests a hardware error however, it still ONLY occurs while Steam.exe is open. So HOW exactly, is my supposed hardwre problem, solved by no longer running a software? Also for context, Iv just started this system amd did not actually have an unexpected restart or error. It may be a log referring to my previous power cycle, that was created upon startup today.
Source
Windows
Summary
Hardware error
Date
9/22/2021 8:39 PM
Status
Not reported
Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: ffab
Parameter 1: 3
Parameter 2: ffffe484c44ed2f0
Parameter 3: d28
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_19043
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
-
Anonymous
2021-09-18T07:53:57+00:00 Iv also booted via usb and run the Clean all command on my C drive. there are no other drives in the system. Reinstalled windows, some of my basic softwares, Steam, Ryzen Software, and Icue for my mouse and headset, and the crashing continues. At this point its very likely its just a hardware problem which is STRANGE as this crash NEVER occurs when steam.exe isnt running. I can game on entire different stores in 2160p maxing out my resources just fine. I dont know how it could possibly be a hardware issue considering that.
Icue installer appears to install and works, seemingly as indented, but always shows as an error in event viewer and reliability monitor. This software not agreeing with others may be my core issue as, this software IS notorious for both resource use and compatibility issues. Theres even counts of similar problems with it long in the past I mean, I myself on m previous system was unable to use Icue software, AT ALL it simply couldn't be opened or installed.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-14T17:43:56+00:00 As iv said multiple times I have. Iv also listed more accurate reasons. Booting in safe mode and deleting ene.sys AND Deleting the file AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys and booting again with Driver verifier resuslts in the same crash and then the dump file points to an entirely new culprit. Steam.exe. Which finially after not having Steam game client open, my system is no longer crashing. But there are a large number of drivers and programs that are malfunctioning and I doubt Steam is the root cause of all of them.
However, I found out recently that my steam was also not updating properly. After the latest windows update, I have succeeded in updating steam and may see my problems gone due to this
Aaaand of course It has not. So im over it and im just going to go use the secure erase feature in my bios to try and properly scrup my SSD and start again.
-
Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2021-09-10T21:42:20+00:00 Driver verifier points to AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys as a fault reason. Please update or unistall this software.